In just two short weeks we’ll be ringing in the New Year which begs the question women across the globe are asking themselves, “what am I going to wear?”. I’m leaning towards this Isabel Marant for H&M dress that I snagged a month back during the collaboration explosion, but with a few more days to virtual window shop, I’m not ready to lock it down just yet. Here’s a few other ideas I’ve pulled from ASOS that I’m also fancy’ing for the eve. What will you be wearing? Be sure to snap a pic, post it and tag me! I’d love to see what you decided on!
Happy hump day! xx jenny
SHOP IT: GRAPHIC, SPORTY, SEXY, MODERN, TRENDY
I’m always on the hunt for outfit inspiration so when I spotted the above look – I had to add it to the archives. Consider me inspired! It will seamlessly take you from desk to dinner, is season appropriate and has the perfect combination of classic, hip, sexy and slightly edgy. I’m a ‘maje’ fan of all white and the pop of of peach in the blazer is well – just peachy!
Style tip: Although the whites are not exactly the same shade – they completely work together and create a beautiful monochromatic look. Don’t be scared to mix different levels of the same hue – you don’t need to match exactly from head-to-toe to maintain cohesiveness in your overall styling.
Shop it here! Have a fantastic day! xx
- T by Alexander Wang racerback tank, $77, net-a-porter.com
- Zara palazzo trousers, $79.90, zara.com
- Rayban clubmaster sunglasses, $145, shadesdaddy.com
- Topshop Nude boyfriend blazer, $100, topshop.com
- Asos pack of 8 rings, $13.58, asos.com
- Clare Vivier fold over clutch, $156, shopbop.com
- Zara wedge court shoe, $99.90, zara.com
photo via fashionvibe
This blush dress & black moto jacket combo is my idea of the perfect relationship. Reminds me of the film black swan because just like natalie portman’s character had a dark and angelic side, so does this pairing. The juxtaposition when styling can create an interesting dimension and offer balance in your total look – it also keeps things less predictable which likely proves to be more exciting. They don’t say opposites attract for nothing. Shop the look here and check out my take on it and helena from brooklyn blonde’s version too!
Happy Monday! xx #yoursoulstyle
- Parker bayou maxi dress, $286, shopbop.com
- Topshop clean biker jacket, $110, topshop.com
- Illesteva tortoiseshell sunglasses, $165, net-a-porter.com
- Jose Maran natural lipgloss in sheer plum wine, $20, sephora.com
- Asos multi stone ring pack, $13,56, asos.com
- Marc Jacobs classic hobo, $428, saks.com
- Zara studded leopard print sandals, $79.90, zara.com
photo via stockholm streetstyle
Good day everyone! Happy Monday! Summer is a comin’ and although I unfortunately won’t be traipsing around europe on holiday, hopefully you will be! I dream of myself in the above look so wanted to pay it forward – I’ll be vicariously living through you lucky travelers. This dress is perfection – light and lovely, easy to pack, comfortable, stylish and warm-weather friendly. None of us need to fuss when we are playing tourist, up at the crack of dawn and exploring the ins and outs of a new city or beach all day. Shop it here!
photo credit via here
- Juliet Dunn embroidered dress, $277, matchesfashion.com
- Ray-ban clubmaster II, $155, ray-ban.com
- Cleobella cantina bag, $219, shopbop.com
- Michael Kors mens chronograph watch, $275, macys.com
- Asos spike open bangle, $20.36, asos.com
- Zara studdy strapped sandals, $79.90, zara.com
Monday, Monday. And gloomy here too on the east coast – but what a beautiful weekend, right? I guess I can take a rainy Monday if it means that we have two days of sheer beauty on Saturday and Sunday. I hope you all had a great weekend and got to spend time outside. Late last week I started thinking about pink and red. I wanted so badly to wear these two colors to dinner on Saturday night to only realize that the majority of my wardrobe consists of neutrals (note to self: start buying color!) I wound up in dark plaid and am now on a mission to find a few pink and red pieces to incorporate into my wardrobe! Some feel this combination could head into clash-ville, but I’m here to change those naysayers minds (or at least give you the low down!)
Pink and red live in the warm family on the color wheel. This means that they are “associated with daylight or sunset” according to the color theory. They sit directly next to each other on the spectrum because of the similarity in tone. As a visual merchandiser who has spent the last 10+ years working in retail, pink and red almost always sit side by side on a table top item progression to avoid harsh color contrast and a choppy presentation of color. Warm colors flow beautifully with ease and are gentle on the eyes.
With head to toe (of the same) color trending in a major way this season, pink and a red is another option if the one color look isn’t for you. So what do you think? Have I convinced you? How about trying this… *above photo via here
- Topshop sleeveless shell top, $64, topshop.com
- Mango super slim trousers, $39.99, mango.com
- Topshop notch jacket, $110, topshop.com
- Miguel Ases beaded earrings, $185, shopbop.com
- Asos 2 pack cuffs, $24.94, asos.com
- Milly fringe clutch, $350, shopbop.com
- See by Chloe metallic pumps, $295, shopbop.com