As I mentioned in this post – I have a few items in my cart from the new H&M online shop such as this trending NYC inspired sweatshirt. Traditional sweatshirt wearing days are for cozying up on the couch, traveling or weekly visits to the market, but that’s old news. This fall they’re getting more love – to be paired with polished pieces like blazers, sexy slim fitting trousers and a clutch bag. Keep it basic with this one by current/elliot or if you like more zing, try this embellished style from j.crew. I’ll be wearing mine to parties and dinners as such….
I’m not a huge proponent of spending tons of money on clothing that doesn’t have a long shelf life. I’ll splurge on pieces that are timeless and classic but am conservative when it comes to a passing fad. I’m well aware that although I like fashion that is trend right – there is a high probability that next season I will be over it. Thank god for stores like zara who redo styles taken straight from the runway without the designer price tags. I happened upon this floral number there last week which certainly feeds my appetite for (currently trending) floral and at a price point of $79.90 (it’s now $59.99 on sale!) I couldn’t resist scooping it up. I’ll be pairing this pretty summer top with something like this…
I’m always on the hunt for outfit inspiration so when I spotted the above look – I had to add it to the archives. Consider me inspired! It will seamlessly take you from desk to dinner, is season appropriate and has the perfect combination of classic, hip, sexy and slightly edgy. I’m a ‘maje’ fan of all white and the pop of of peach in the blazer is well – just peachy!
Style tip: Although the whites are not exactly the same shade – they completely work together and create a beautiful monochromatic look. Don’t be scared to mix different levels of the same hue – you don’t need to match exactly from head-to-toe to maintain cohesiveness in your overall styling.
Shop it here! Have a fantastic day! xx
- T by Alexander Wang racerback tank, $77, net-a-porter.com
- Zara palazzo trousers, $79.90, zara.com
- Rayban clubmaster sunglasses, $145, shadesdaddy.com
- Topshop Nude boyfriend blazer, $100, topshop.com
- Asos pack of 8 rings, $13.58, asos.com
- Clare Vivier fold over clutch, $156, shopbop.com
- Zara wedge court shoe, $99.90, zara.com
photo via fashionvibe
If it were up to me I’d carry a clutch endlessly. I would have to figure out a way to magically shrink my essentials to fit into the compromised space – but since we now have Jetson’s-like conversations between iphones a la facetime anything’s possible, right? I digress. Clutches are the perfect outfit completer and can take the most casual head to toe ensemble and transform it into a super stylish look. If it’s a work day and you have a date or a dinner with the girls – I’d suggest throwing one into your (most likely over-sized) day bag. When it’s time to head out, leave the bulky stuff in your desk drawer – exchange your hobo, satchel or tote bag for the handheld chic one and grab what you need for the evening – cash, keys, id, phone and a touch up lip. Now how clutch is that? I’m loving these… *above photo via here
- Diane von Furstenberg leather clutch, $295, net-a-porter.com
- Zara metallic clutch bag, $35.90, zara.com
- Lizzie Fortunato envelope clutch, $733, matchesfashion.com
- Christopher Kon allison clutch, $215, shopbop.com
- Clare Viver hair calf clutch, $165, saks.com
- J.Crew colorblock convertible clutch, $218, jcrew.com
- Wendy Nichol midnight rider clutch, $518, lagarconne.com
- Marc by Marc Jacobs two tone clutch, $298, shopbop.com