This past weekend I went to the GoogaMooga festival in Prospect Park, Brooklyn. We joked that it was a ‘poor man’s Coachella‘ but its focus is food rather than music so it’s not really an apples to apples comparison. On the other hand, like Coachella it was apparent that fashion and style played a large role. Different than the west coast’s rock ‘n’ roll boho babe who looks like this, Brooklyn’s version had a more downtown, edgy hipster feel like this. But there were hats, some fringes and cut off denim shorts and the likes so not a complete departure. Summer festivals are about to pop off in full swing so let’s get talking about festival fashion! What will you wear to Bonnaroo? Austin City Limits? Burning Man? I’d love to see how you style your festival fashion look. Send photos to email@example.com or post on instagram with the hashtag #yoursoulstyle. I’ll be dancing at Gathering of the Vibes in some of these. More to come!
- Zara flowing printed kimono, $89.90 zara.com
- Ottoman Hands necklace, $71.27, asos.com
- J.Crew panama hat, $58, jcrew.com
- Rag & Bone boyfriend shorts, $246, matchesfashion.com
- Acne zone music tank, $110, matchesfashion.com
- Ray Ban aviator sunglasses, $150, ray-ban.com
- Topshop embossed leather backpack, $150, topshop.com
- Zara flat crossover sandals, $79.90, zara.com
- Topshop white patchwork dress, $72, topshop.com
Click here to find a listing of music festivals in your area.
photo credit and more inspiration via here