It’s not uncommon to find a clothing item you love, but veto purchasing it because you’re stumped on what to wear it with. We tend to get stuck inside our style boxes, making it impossible to envision anything outside of them. And then we wind up wearing the black version, envious of the person who had the courage to take a chance on the leopard print. Playing it safe can land you in a fashion funk, wondering why there is no excitement in your wardrobe. And most of the time, the riskier version works just as well as the basic. I recommend adding a few less predictable items to your closet for days when you want to embrace your daring side. This River Island sweatshirt can be found in solid colors anywhere and it’d probably get way more mileage if you went that route, but today why not give the animal print a-go. Sometimes we all need to take a walk on the wild side. Happy Monday! xx
Have an item that you’re confused on how to wear? Send it my way at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can feature a style post that will help you out!
SHOP IT: 1. River Island sweatshirt // 2. Current/Elliot denim skirt // 3. Dannijo joan earrings // 4. Topshop moto jacket // 5. Clare Vivier oversize clutch // 6. Zara high heel sandal
I put this photo on instagram over the weekend and after a friend commented that she “must own these pants”, along with another chiming in, “agreed”, I decided to put together a post. Sweatpants are now a staple in my wardrobe since traditional silhouettes have evolved to slimmer and more fashion-forward fits. While I understand that weekend days are a time to kick back, there is no reason why you can’t be comfortable and still look good! The ones I’m wearing are H&M from last season with limited sizes left, but here’s a few current styles that will surely do the trick.
SHOP IT: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6
I’m a total sucker for anything with holiday bling, but there’s only a small window of “appropriate” time to wear it (think now through January). With thanksgiving around the corner – peak season for glitz and glam is about to pop off. I can already hear the jingle bells jingling (literally). Here are a few cute and affordable sparkly options, each under $100! No need to break the bank on seasonal styles with little wearability. One or two items in your closet will suffice to pull a holiday party ensemble together in a snap.
Style tip: Save your pennies for the classics!
- Zara sequin and fringes scarf, $39.90, zara.com
- Nina bootie, $74.99, zappos.com
- River Island geometric mini skirt $56, riverisland.com
- Express mini skirt, $59.90, express.com
- Topshop crop tee, $90, topshop.com
- J.Crew resin earrings, $75, jcrew.com
- LOFT ankle pants, $44.88, loft.com (available in store only)
- River Island midi skirt (also in pink), $80, riverisland.com
- Topshop bodycon dress, $98, topshop.com
photo via man repeller
As I peruse the pages of Vogue’s September issue I’m reminded that red is trending in a maje way. Within the first ten pages, Prada, Dior and Ralph Lauren all have campaign imagery demonstrating this hot fall/winter color. I’m a forever fan of a red lip, but am excited to work the tone into my overall styling. Whether it be a sweater, bold pant or pop in an accessory, I will definitely be seeing red this season. A few key pieces that make the cut…
- J.Crew minnie pant, $89.50, jcrew.com
- One by Michaella Barri Collection satchel, $495, shopbop.com
- Marc by Marc Jacobs sweater, $300, net-a-porter.com
- DKNY asymmetric hem dress, $374, matchesfashion.com
- Dark red pencil skirt, $40, riverisland.com
- Sleeveless roll neck top, $55, topshop.com
- Bite matte pencil in poppy red, $24, sephora.com
- J.Crew ankle cuff pumps, $278, jcrew.com
photo via style.com