photo via pinterest
If you don’t already have a pair of printed trousers in your wardrobe, like Led Zepplin sang on their debut album in 1969, “Your Time is Gonna Come”. This trend is here to stay. I am an admitted addict and have been hoarding for a few years – they have certainly become a staple in the wardrobe. My collection continues to grow and you can’t imagine how things multiplied like a gremlin during our trip to India. It’s a print pant mecca and you can bet your little behind that I seized the opportunity to grab as many as I could (I won’t tell you how many scarves I also bought – that’s for a later post). So what’s the great appeal? Sure – they are trendy and fun, but here’s a better understanding of why they are a ‘must have‘.
- If you’re like me and accentuate the upper half of your body more than the lower, print pants are your best friend. The busy-ness creates a distraction from your lower body silhouette.
- Wearing print on top could feel dizzying. Keeping it contained to your bottom allows less distraction to your eyes when chatting with someone – the real window to ‘soul style’. Even though head to toe print is trending for spring – it’s not for everyone. It’s fashion forward and works, but trickier to nail. Sticking to a pants only rule is sufficient without feeling the need to go full throttle.
- Flowy printed trousers transports me back to the 60’s and 70’s, bringing out my inner love child – I’m really a hippie at heart. There is something freeing about letting go of the rigidity of tight pants.
- They are comfortable! During the summer there is nothing better than throwing on a pair of light weight pants to keep you cool – they are a fantastic alternative if you hate shorts.
- They can very easily be dressed up or dressed down.
- Everyone wears jeans! They are an obvious no brainer. Step outside of your fashion comfort zone and be different and bold. They will be a conversation starter and you will stand out in a sea of denim.
So go on girlies – give it a shot. Let me know how it goes. Shoot a pic and send it over – you know where to find me. xx #yoursoulstyle
A few picks to get you started.
- Talulah garden daydream pants, $235, shopbop.com
- Labworks multi print ankle pants, $34.99, target.com
- Malene Birger regal floral-print silk pants, $375, net-a-porter.com
- Tucker floral print silk-georgette pants, $299, net-a-porter.com
- Mango printed tapered trousers, $54.99, shop.mango.com
- Theory mitrana bird-print silk pants, $265, net-a-porter.com